Xiaomi at its media event today launched Redmi 1S and Redmi Note at very tempting prices. They also gave information about their service centers in India which you can see here. Now coming back to two Redmis. One of them is nothing special but the other one could be a big hit. Can you guess which one is which? No? Nevermind that’s why i am here for. To remove your doubts.
The one that is nothing special is Redmi 1S. Why? well, look at its specs first then we will talk.
Redmi 1S quick specs:
- 4.7 inch IPS LCD display of HD resolution.
- Qualcomm Snapdragonn 400 MSM8228 chipset which consists of quad-core Cortex A7 processor clocked at 1.6GHz and Adreno 305GPU.
- Android 4.3 with MiUi on top.
- 1GB RAM, 8GB of internal storage expandable up-to 64GB.
- 8MP auto focus camera with LED flash and 1.6MP front camera.
- Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, Wifi, dual sim.
- 9.9mm thick, 2000 mAh battery.
- Price – Rs. 6,999.
Believe it or not it runs on the same chipset on which HTC Desire 816 runs. It doesn’t matter how high you clock those quadcore Cortex A7 CPUs but the GPU will still remain that somewhat weak Adreno 305. That’s why Redmi 1S is nothing special. It can’t even beat Micromax Canvas Unite 2 in performance.
Now, Redmi Note on the other hand could make a killing in Indian market. The reason being its battery. Almost all the octa-core smartphones in India have very pathetic battery life. But Redmi Note comes with more than 3000 mAh battery which is a necessity when it comes to octa-core processors.
Redmi Note quick specs:
- 5.5 inches IPS LCD screen of HD/720p resolution.
- Mediatek MTK 6592 chipset which consists of Octa core Cortex A7 CPU clocked at 1.7GHz and Mali 450MP4 GPU.
- 2GB of RAM, 8GB internal storage expandable up-to 32GB.
- Android 4.2 with MiUi on top.
- 13MP auto focus camera with LED flash and 5MP front facing camera.
- Dual sim, Wifi, GPS, Bluetooth 4.0
- 9.4mm thick, 3100 mAh battery.
- Price – Rs.9,999.
They are both denoted as coming soon on Xiaomi’s Indian website. No further info on their availability yet. Xiaomi also quietly reduced the price of Xiaomi Mi3 even before it’s available to buy. Making the already sweet deal even more sweet. Now you can buy the Xiaomi Mi3 for 13,999 Rs on Flipkart. You can’t actually buy it right now though. According to Flipkart only those that will register between 15th of July to 21st of July 2014 will get the chance to actually buy it on 22nd of July. The official date on which it will go on sale in India.